Hailey wants us to post our stuff for the story since hers is due tonight. She will then forward us her write up.
How will this bill affect businesses in
People who are printing Spanish only products will suffer. But it will save taxpayers dollars. I don’t think it will affect businesses much. It pretty much just deals with government entities.
Why do you support this bill?
On the bill Terrill passed yesterday, it mainly emphasizes that government documents are in English. This really emphasizes the need to know English because of drivers license tests, street signs, etc. It’s a safety issue.
I don’t really think it will affect immigration. It may be beneficial because people might hire tutors, etc. to learn the language faster. I think there are positive aspects to it.
Is the provision for Native Americans fair?
No, I don’t think that provision should be in there at all. The Native Americans proposed the major opposition to the bill last year. I don’t see why it matters. Bottom line is that government will only be done in English. I don’t want to pay for a language, such as Native American languages, most people don’t speak.
What does this say about
In this instance, we are way behind everyone else. There are several states that have already done this. It’s about time. We should have done this a long time ago.
1 comment:
Who is this talking, Mon?
Post a Comment