Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Tulsan Running for Speaker

OKLAHOMA CITY (Feb. 1, 2008) – Rep. Chris Benge, chairman of the House Appropriations and Budget Committee, announced today he is running for Speaker of the House.
“I’m honored some of my colleagues have encouraged me to run for this position, and am actively seeking votes from my fellow Republicans,” said Benge, R-Tulsa.
Benge has spent a decade in the House working in both in the minority and majority, and at the service of two speakers as the Appropriations and Budget Committee chairman.

4 comments:

Hailey Branson said...

I put a story up on the Hub about this an hour after it was announced. Yaaaaaaaay.

Kristin said...

That's because you're awesome. =) Way to go, Hailey!

Kristin said...

Hey all! I was looking at the newspapers (yes, I am a dork who has them bookmarked) and I found Hailey and Lauren's story(ies).

http://www.neighbor-newspapers.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19257528&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=574071&rfi=6

I guess it ran Saturday!

Yay for you guys!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Great job on this!